HGV Levy starts 1 April 2014
The HGV Road User Levy is a time-based charge to use UK roads. Anyone who drives or operates a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) weighing 12 tonnes or more will need to pay the levy before the vehicle enters the country.
What do I have to pay and how?
The daily charge for a vehicle is between £1.70 and £10 (between £85 and £1,000 per year), depending on the type of vehicle, number of axles and weight. You can pay by the day or save money by paying in advance by the week, month or year. You do not have to pay VAT.
What can Multi Service Tolls do for you?
We can easily help you find the best possible payment solution. We recommend using our Multi Service MasterCard to pay HGV Levy. The easiest way is to create an online account and use the Multi service MasterCard for the online payment portal.
If you are an operator with a fleet of 50 or more trucks you can upload all your vehicle data online. Click here to register
Using the Multi Service Card for HGV levy makes it easy!
- No transaction fees
- You can make all payments for all your drivers
- Our card can be used by the drivers for ‘Pay and Go’
- The monthly fee for the Multi Service MasterCard is €5,95 per month per card.
The Multi Service Master Card
This is a Master Card that has the advantages of a credit card. However your driver cannot spend more than what is available on the card. In addition to the card, you can manage all the cards in your fleet through an online application.
Order, activate, (un)load, block cards 24/7 and also have real-time access of any account activity worldwide.
You decide who, when, where, how much can and should be spent!
If you want to know more about HGV Levy please contact your account manager. Click here for more information about the Multi Service Master Card
- A weekly rate is more advantageous if your vehicle is more than 3 days per week in the UK. Except for band E (> 4 days) and F or G band (> 5 days).
- A monthly rate is more advantageous if your vehicle is more than 2 weeks per month in the UK.
- A yearly rate is more advantageous if your vehicle is more than 10 months per year in the UK.